Associate, Search & Selection
Search & Selection Associate
Echoing Green (www.echoinggreen.org) invests in a global network of people working to bring about positive social change to the world’s greatest social and environmental challenges. Knowing that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not – the Search & Selection team’s mission is to build a diverse and more inclusive social impact space by running selective, constructive, and engaging selection processes that support Echoing Green as it seeks to invest in talent wherever it is.
About the Position
The Search & Selection Associate will report to the Director of Search & Selection and work collaboratively with the Senior Associate of Search & Selection to project-manage the workflow, external communications, application data, and online platforms for the organization’s selection processes. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized problem-solver and systems-thinker who is eager to operate, analyze, and improve systems. The ideal candidate has experience as a project manager and is data-driven and process-oriented with strong critical-thinking abilities. The ideal candidate is also someone who enjoys working both independently and as part of a team.
This role will require you to live/work in the New York Metro Area.
Job duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Project Management:
- Work with the Senior Associate and Director in the execution of a detailed work-plan for the full selection process.
- Project manage the application and judging/review process using our online application system.
- Act as database administrator of our online application system and Salesforce.
- Liaise with key staff across other teams to successfully execute all deliverables required to complete the applicant review and selection process
- Assist in the preparation for Echoing Green events, including information sessions, All Fellows Conference, and other Fellow or applicant gatherings
- Partner with Echoing Green’s Individual Fellow Support team to ensure that there is a smooth transition from successful applicant to new Fellow status
- Relationship Management:
- Research and improve processes to track partnerships with universities, professional service firms, associations, and other nonprofits that assist Echoing Green in the applicant recruitment process
- Draft internal and external written communications about the Fellowship program. This includes presentations, applicant workshops, recruitment messages, and mass email campaigns
- Manage and coordinate correspondence with applicants, volunteers, corporate partners, and other constituents in the Echoing Green community.
- Develop guidance materials, workshops, and other support tools to help applicants navigate the fellowship application process
- Facilitate introductions between members of the Echoing Green network via email
- Process, Evaluation, and Systems
- Collect and analyze data throughout the selection processes and serve as a point of contact for the Knowledge Management and Data team in the year-over-year analysis of applicant data
- Support the evaluation of the overall selection process and help create improvements based on lessons learned from previous cycles
- Assist with the screening and due diligence review of Fellowship applications
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience or training
- Results-driven and system-minded with a strong inclination towards data analysis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel including but not limited to ability to manipulate and summarize large datasets.
- High level of experience with and/or eagerness to learn online tools such as Outlook, Salesforce, Survey Gizmo, CONVIO
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to plan and prioritize responsibilities
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and strong work ethic; a willingness to take initiative
In your application be sure to include a brief cover letter addressed to Camila Pazos that specifies your interest in this role at Echoing Green (no more than 1 page).
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.