Development Associate, Research and Grants
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Development team seeks a passionate and detail-oriented person to support our institutional fundraising activities. The Associate, Research and Grants will work collaboratively with the Deputy Director and other members of the development team to assist with grant activities, content creation and research.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter who is eager to grow as a fundraising professional and brings an aptitude for writing, project managing and utilizing systems to increase efficiency.
This position is based in New York City. The candidate selected for this role must be located in or be willing to relocate to New York for this role.
- Assist with writing, preparing and submitting proposals, LOI’s, and grant reports in close coordination with the Deputy Director of Development.
- Develop, track and update proposal and reporting timeline and deadlines in Salesforce.
- Help track grant deliverables and activities to ensure grant compliance with funders.
- Own and update a repository of stock grant language to help with fundraising outreach.
- Work closely with the programs, communications and knowledge team to ensure that impact data, narrative and activities are collected and updated in a systematic manner.
- Conduct research on foundations, corporations and provide input on new funding opportunities.
- Provide administrative support including scheduling meetings and maintaining records in Salesforce.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-3 years of work experience.
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship and harnessing next generation talent.
- Interest in and commitment to fundraising, philanthropy, and development activities.
- Excellent written skills with particular strength in relaying information in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Demonstrated expertise with and/or eagerness to learn online tools such as Outlook, Salesforce, Survey Gizmo, CONVIO, and CVENT.
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial; takes initiative and is goal-oriented with attention to detail.
- Committed to meeting deadlines, creating, and improving processes.
- Strong collaboration skills and successful track record working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Please be sure to include a thoughtful cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role. Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.