Communications Coordinator New York, NY
Echoing Green (www.echoinggreen.org) supports a global network of people who bring a solutions-mindset to the world’s greatest social and environmental challenges. Our Communications Team is dedicated to elevating the brand and providing meaningful engagement opportunities–both online and in-person–to build connections that help accelerate positive social change.
The ideal candidate for the Communications Coordinator position has a passion for detail and an enthusiasm for working flexibly and collaboratively. The Coordinator will also demonstrate strong writing skills, enjoy connecting with people online, and appreciate keeping projects on task and on time. If engaging Echoing Green’s key audiences and coordinating the efforts of the team is exciting to you, we hope you will apply!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Communications Coordinator, you will engage with Echoing Green’s audiences online and support the daily function of the Communications Team. The primary responsibilities include:
Digital Communications & Community Management
- Maintain Echoing Green’s social media presence, which includes creating and sharing content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Manage Echoing Green’s digital newsletters, including list management and content development
- Support communications team members to build and execute outreach plans for Echoing Green campaigns and initiatives
- Engage with key influencers and partners; test and implement outreach strategies
- Support events manager with registration platforms and list creation
- Field and direct inbox inquiries
- Coordinate digital projects as needed
- Develop and maintain story database: this includes capturing content at events, helping staff and community share stories with communications, and organizing the content for use in current and future campaigns
- Editorial calendar support: collaborate to maintain Echoing Green’s editorial calendar in support of campaigns and the overall communications strategy
- Manage visual and audio assets for use on social media, in digital newsletters and reports, and at events
- Help maintain the Echoing Green website and blog
Systems & Administration
- Oversee communications database contacts
- Monitor and track vendor payments
- Support the learning of the communications team and the broader organization: identify, monitor, and evaluate key performance metrics, share key research with colleagues
- Assist Vice President of Communications with ongoing board communications
- 1-3 years of related experience in fields such as digital marketing, online community management, or communications (preferred)
- You are comfortable managing social media campaigns across multiple platforms
- You consider yourself a strong writer and have a knack for proofreading
- You are proficient with CRM and e-marketing tools (platforms like CVENT, Salesforce, Luminate, Mailchimp, or Eventbrite) and have experience with Adobe Creative Suite (preferred)
- You enjoy setting priorities and meeting deadlines and thrive at multi-tasking and making quick, informed decisions
- You are detail-oriented, take initiative, and are an empathetic colleague
- You value equity and sustainability and want to bring them into your work
We encourage you to submit an application if this role is exciting to you. When you apply, please share your resume, a brief cover letter addressed to Lindsay Booker that specifies your interest in this role at Echoing Green (no more than 1 page) and a relevant writing sample (no more than 2 pages). If you have a relevant social media account or blog, please share the links with your application.
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.