Director, Corporate and Foundation Giving
As Echoing Green embarks on an ambitious 5-year strategic plan, the development department is adding new capacity to take the organization to the next level, including growing revenue by nearly 20% this year. The Director, Corporate and Foundation Giving plays a critical role in achieving the revenue goals in support of this plan. Working with the Development team, s/he will manage and expand Echoing Green’s portfolio of Corporate and Foundation donors. This position requires strong interpersonal skills for working with funders as well as administrative and program staff. The candidate will possess the ability to manage projects independently, set priorities, and take initiative as well as work as part of a cohesive team.
Corporate and Foundation Donor Cultivation and Acquisition
- Serve as lead external fundraiser for all corporate and foundation donors.
- Develop and implement an acquisition strategy for corporate and foundation portfolio
- Collaborate with staff on identifying and researching institutional prospects.
- Develop and implement strategies to convert Benefit Donors into annual Partners.
- Track moves management of institutional donors, including identifying new prospects, cultivation, solicitation, and stewarding relationships.
- Provide input on proposal and report submission process led by Deputy Director of Partnerships/Grants.
- Serve as thought partner to senior staff members as it relates to institutional fundraising strategy.
- Collaborate with Deputy Director of partnerships/grants and serve as thought partner on partnership design, proposal, and reporting process.
Strategic Donor Engagement
- Design and execute engagement opportunities for institutions, including but not limited to:
- Fellowship application evaluation and training
- Fellowship Final Round Judging
- Brain Trusts
- Consulting or other engagement projects
- Serve as internal departmental liaison for additional cross-org engagement opportunities:
- All Fellows Conference
- New Fellows Retreat
- Impact Funding Partners
- Direct Impact
- Serve as thought partner to programs teams in developing new institutional engagement opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 4-6 years in a fundraising environment.
- Demonstrated experience in donor acquisition and cultivation.
- Experience with donor databases required, Salesforce preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship and harnessing next generation talent.
- Interest in and commitment to fundraising, philanthropy, and development activities.
- Excellent written skills with particular strength in relaying information in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial; takes initiative and is goal-oriented with attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in teams and independently.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and successful track record working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Committed to meeting deadlines, creating, and improving processes.
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.