Senior Associate, Fellowship Programs, Black Male Achievement
The Senior Associate, Black Male Achievement will help us identify the next generation of promising social entrepreneurs, while providing mentorship and support to current Fellows by guiding them through our Leadership Development Framework. In this role you will build and implement the vision for the Black Male Achievement Initiative in a manner that highlights and elevates the work of our fellows.
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone who enjoys working in a dynamic and complex environment, and wants to take their knowledge and expertise in the Black Male Achievement space to create opportunities that support initiatives dedicated to improving the life outcomes of black men and boys in the United States.
External Relationship Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- Develop and build a strong program strategy that will support the development of the Black Male Achievement Fellows and attract new emerging leaders to Echoing Green.
- Identify and develop organizational partnerships (including peer organizations, academic institutions, professional service firms, or other nonprofits) that would be of benefit to Black Male Achievement Fellows in an advisory capacity.
- Maintain and build relationships with key stakeholders in the Black Male Achievement sector (Ex: Campaign for Black Male Achievement, BMe Community, Obama Foundation - My Brother’s Keeper Alliance, Cities United, etc.) to elevate Echoing Green’s presence and voice in the Black Male Achievement sector as field leaders committed to improving life outcomes for boys and men of color.
- Represent Echoing Green and the Black Male Achievement Fellowship Program at external events and speaking engagements.
- Work collaboratively with the Development team to cultivate and engage donors to financially support the Black Male Achievement Fellowship.
Fellow Portfolio Support
- Provide individualized, culturally competent technical assistance to Fellows who bring with them a wide range of personal experiences through thought partnership, accountability partnership and connections that support their leadership competency and confidence.
- Implement Echoing Green’s Leadership Development Framework by utilizing the robust set of tools and networks available to deliver support.
- Draw on coaching skills to connect deeply with Fellows to assess their leadership development progress on a regular basis.
- Manage a discretionary spending budget to provide support to Fellows.
- Develop culturally competent resources and tools to support Black Male Achievement Fellows, including workshops, trainings and webinars and recruiting relevant partners.
- Participate in an in-depth, multi-month search and selection process for future Fellows; actively build on the existing Black Male Achievement Fellow pipeline
- Keep track of the Fellows’ progress and support interventions, and manage a large volume of information related to all activities concerning Fellows.
- Work within broader program strategy and parameters to design, develop, and test curriculum, webinars, workshops, etc.
- Participate in the development of overall Individual Fellow Support strategy/goal setting; conduct research to support program design within associated budget
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 5 years work experience with non-profit or social enterprise sector experience or an equivalent graduate degree
- Understanding of, and experience in, a start-up Black Male Achievement cohort
- Coaching experience highly desired
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission and for the work of social entrepreneurs to improve life outcomes for black men and boys
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams; ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends in the Black Male Achievement space.
- Deep appetite for networking, relationship building, and public speaking.
- Understanding of, and experience in, producing fundraising events and managing large and small scale event
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong facility with MS Office required; SalesForce.com, preferred
This position is based in New York City. The candidate must be located in or be willing to relocate to New York for this role.
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
Echoing Green offers a competitive salary with a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, and vision; a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more!
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.