About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent consists of more than 700 innovators who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
Echoing Green accelerates talent that will change the world for the better.
The Development Coordinator is a non-exempt entry-level position supporting the work of the Development Department, reporting to the Interim VP of Development. The Development Coordinator works closely with other members of the Development Department as well as colleagues across the organization to fulfill his/her role.
The Development Coordinator is critical to the Development Department’s success in meeting Echoing Green's goals. This is a fantastic position for a career-oriented individual who is passionate about fundraising and interested in opportunities to gain experience and exposure to major institutional and individual donors, data management, fundraising operations, and event planning. We are a small Development Department, and it is essential that the Development Coordinator be willing to roll up his/her sleeves and work efficiently to meet our annual revenue targets.
Administration and Database:
- Administer the Development Department’s usage of our database, Salesforce, including record maintenance and data entry
- Manage the Development Department’s financial and gift processing systems, including prompt data entry of projections, pledges, and gifts received, tracking donor correspondence, generating gift acknowledgment letters, and reconciling records with Finance Department
- Maintain departmental files, documents, and procedures
Communications, Event Planning and Donor Engagement:
- Assist in the in-house logistical planning of special events (including managing guest list, supporting registration, and coordinating production of materials), particularly Echoing Green’s 500-person annual blockbuster event
- Act as the Development Department liaison with other departments to support cross-functional projects and processes, including e-communications to our donor audience, and coordination of usage of online platforms like CVENT and Luminate
- Create, edit, and/or proofread a broad range of Echoing Green materials for current and prospective donors
- Create revenue forecasting reports and analysis for the Board of Directors, the Development Committee, and the Development Department as needed
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research and create profiles on prospective individual and institutional donors
- Work with Development Department on special projects as needed
- 1-2 years nonprofit work experience (development experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Interest in fundraising and donor engagement
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Salesforce and Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403(b) plan with a company match, and FSA options.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.