Coordinator, Direct Impact
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN:
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, including Direct Impact, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent consists of more than 700 innovators who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
Echoing Green accelerates talent that will change the world for the better.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
We are seeking a passionate and detail-oriented candidate to coordinate our Direct Impact program. Direct Impact is Echoing Green’s experiential board leadership program, which trains and develops mid-career corporate leaders who are seeking to deepen their engagement in the social sector.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized problem-solver and systems-thinker who is eager to operate, execute, and improve the program. The ideal candidate will be process-oriented with strong critical thinking abilities and is someone who enjoys working independently and as part of a team. They will have a strong interest in both leadership development and capacity building for nonprofit organizations.
Job duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Develop and oversee the Direct Impact application process, review applications, and coordinate interviews.
- Notify and onboard selected applicants, including collection of program commitment forms, liability waivers, and travel documents.
- Manage all logistics for programmatic retreats and workshops, including securing space, food, and materials.
- Provide day-of support for retreats, workshops, and site visits as needed. International travel may be required.
- Coordinate logistics with guest speakers, including Fellows and other vendors/consultants.
- Manage travel arrangements for traditional site visits and immersion cohorts, including securing flights, hotels, meals, transportation, and activities for each site visit; develop site visit packets and ensure travel documentation for all participants.
- Provide logistical support for Direct Impact Workshops.
- Manage operations of the Alumni program, including planning 4-6 alumni gatherings per year, frequent alumni communications, and coordinating ongoing needs.
- Manage board matching process, including liaising with Fellows who require additional support.
- Administer surveys throughout program and ensure completion by participants.
- Coordinate logistics for trainings for both Direct Impact Alumni and Fellows.
Finance, Fundraising, and External Communications
- Manage the payment process for Direct Impact; manage scholarship application process.
- Develop content for 1-pagers, pitch decks, and other Direct Impact marketing materials.
- Lead social media content creation for program.
- Develop presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Process payments and reimbursements for Direct Impact expenses.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years of work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to plan and prioritize responsibilities.
- Deep appetite for learning about the field of leadership development and social entrepreneurship.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and anticipating needs.
- Results-driven and system-minded with a strong inclination towards data analysis.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and strong work ethic; a willingness to take initiative.
- Interest in cross sector partnerships and collaboration.
- High level of experience with and/or eagerness to learn online tools such as Outlook, Salesforce, Survey Gizmo, CONVIO, and CVENT.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403(b) plan with a company match, and FSA options.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.