Associate, Individual Fellow Support
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN:
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent consists of more than 700 innovators who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
Echoing Green accelerates talent that will change the world for the better.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Fellowship team seeks a passionate and detail-oriented candidate to project manage our ongoing Individual Fellow Support (IFS) activities. Every year, Echoing Green identifies approximately 30 ambitious, exciting potential leaders and offers them two years of funding and support to launch and grow their social impact organizations. The Individual Fellow Support Associate will work collaboratively with the Deputy Director and Senior Associates to directly support Fellows, project-manage work flow, external communications, data and systems for the individualized Fellow support activities.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized problem-solver and systems-thinker who is eager to operate, execute, and improve systems. The ideal candidate will be process-oriented with strong critical thinking abilities and is someone who enjoys working independently and as part of a team.
Job duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- External Relationship Management:
- Assist with direct Fellow support including facilitating connections for Fellows to the Echoing Green network, building and mining the Resource Bank for materials to send to Fellows, Salesforce management and general research for Fellows as requested.
- Develop internal and external communications highlighting key Fellow support metrics. This includes consistent Fellow updates for the Board and staff and active social media posts.
- Assist in the submission of recommendation and nomination letters for Fellows.
- Schedule and attend calls and meetings for the IFS team with Fellows and external partners as needed.
- Manage correspondence with Fellows, external partners, and other constituents in the Echoing Green community.
- Manage relationships and coordinate logistics for webinars and other support programming for Fellows.
- Provide logistical and recruitment support of Fellows and partners to Fellowship Events: Finalist Interviews, New Fellows Retreat, All Fellows Conference, Communities of Practice Experiences, and other Fellow convenings.
- Represent the IFS team and assist the Search & Selection team at external recruitment events and speaking engagements.
- Assist the Fellowship team with the annual search and selection process.
- Project Management:
- Act as database administrator for the IFS team. Ensure Fellow and partner contact records and support activities are regularly input and accurate in Salesforce.
- Regularly track and analyze data in Salesforce on Fellows’ progress through the Leadership Development Framework.
- Support in the design, creation and execution of a detailed annual work-plan.
- Manage Fellowship Newsletter. Collect submissions and work collaboratively with the communications team.
- Support the highly-detailed process of selecting Fellows, in particular during the open recruitment, due diligence, and Finalist selection phases.
- Liaise with representatives across other teams in the execution of all of the deliverables required to support the Fellows.
- Process and Systems
- Manage the bi-annual stipend disbursal process.
- Manage the quarterly reporting process with Fellows.
- Manage the annual onboarding and off-boarding of Fellows.
- Manage the annual request of financial data from Fellows.
- Manage the awards, nominations and recommendations process for Fellows, including tracking nominees and awardees.
- Implement a tagging system for contact records in Salesforce that is aligned with support activities.
- Keep the Fellow Handbook up to date. Draft new policies as needed.
- Document systems and processes for institutional knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-2 years of work experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to plan and prioritize responsibilities.
- Deep appetite for learning about the field of social entrepreneurship from an enabling capacity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and anticipating needs.
- Results-driven and system-minded with a strong inclination towards data analysis.
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and strong work ethic; a willingness to take initiative.
- Interest in cross sector partnerships and collaboration.
- High level of experience with and/or eagerness to learn online tools such as Outlook, Salesforce, Survey Gizmo, CONVIO, and CVENT.
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403(b) plan with a company match, and FSA options.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.