The Communications Intern will report to the Senior Associate, Events and Engagement, and will work closely with the other members of the Communications team on a range of communications and events-related duties. This includes:
- Assisting with research and creation of materials for social media campaigns
- Providing administrative support for upcoming events
- Attending and providing on-site support at events as needed
- Assisting with the maintenance of Communications team's databases
**This internship will begin in March and end on or before June 30, 2017.**
Core competencies include:
- Experience following an editorial style guide
- Eye for selecting engaging, quality photography
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
Desired qualifications include:
- Interest in nonprofit communications
- Experience with Outlook, Cvent, Salesforce, and email marketing systems a plus
- Proficiency with use and insights of HootSuite, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr, and YouTube a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, and appropriate file formatting for web, print, and press a plus
Current undergraduate students in Media, Communications, Digital Marketing or related major are encouraged to apply. Graduate students and recent college graduates may also be considered. Please note that we are unable to sponsor those who need visas to work in the U.S. at this time.
The intern will be expected to work 12 - 18 hours per week, depending on schedule. This position pays $12.00/hour. This internship will begin in March and end on or before June 30, 2017.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.