Director, Alumni Programs
The Director, Alumni Programs, is responsible for creating and executing a strategy to engage a community of nearly 800 Echoing Green Alumni. This position will offer the opportunity to deepen one of Echoing Green’s most important strategic priorities, which is focused on intentionally connecting our global community of Alumni with each other and our broader ecosystem, including business leaders, board members, donors, partners, and broader communities with our work. This will inherently be an evolving role, and we are looking forward to finding someone who is excited to further build, iterate, and evolve Alumni programming as we seek to provide best-in-class Alumni support and programs.
Alumni Strategy + Engagement
- Build and execute on a robust Alumni Program Strategy, including: creation of a Theory of Change, key goals and measurements, and work plan that is aligned with Echoing Green’s five year strategic plan
- Create and manage systems and processes that will directly support Alumni in building relationships with Echoing Green, each other, and the broader ecosystem, including existing and new systems
- Serve as key connector/executor for Alumni needs—including, but not limited to, recommendation requests, award nominations, connections, and resource requests
- Manage data collection from Alumni Fellows’ quantitative and qualitative reporting
- In close partnership with the communications team, work to develop a strategy for Alumni virtual and in-person communications
- Coordinate the process of connecting Alumni with current Fellows
- Build strong relationships with Alumni to learn from, support, and engage them in our Alumni strategy
- Manage cohort experiences and other programming for alumni, both existing and as identified through the strategic plan implementation process
- Convene groups of Fellows and Alumni to build community and network
- Develop and manage all Alumni Volunteer Leadership programs
- Develop and manage Alumni strategic priorities as it relates to all Echoing Green events, including Echoing Green Summit, New Fellows Retreat, ChangeUp Series, and others as needed
Cross-Team Program Participation
- Participate in application reading and applicant deliberation
- Participate in the planning and execution of the New Fellows Retreat and Echoing Green Summit
- Engage and work closely with the Deputy Director, Direct Impact in the board matching and support process of Alumni Fellows
- Engage and work closely with the Director, Impact Funding in support of Alumni Fellows as it relates to Impact Funding priorities
- Engage and work closely with the Director, Leadership Development in support of Alumni Fellows
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 5 years work experience with nonprofit or social enterprise sector experience or an equivalent graduate degree
- Deep experience in creating global communities and Alumni Engagement and/or work requiring a strong global perspective
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission and for the work of social entrepreneurs
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, enabling an ability to create trusted relationships with all Alumni
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams; ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends in Alumni Engagement
- Deep appetite for networking and relationship building
- Ability to engage with Echoing Green’s Development team and an understanding of nonprofit fundraising
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, as needed
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong facility with MS Office required; SalesForce.com, preferred
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.