Deputy Director, Alumni Programs
The Deputy Director, Alumni Programs, is responsible for executing a strategy to engage a community of nearly 800 Echoing Green Alumni. Reporting to the Director, Ecosystems this position will offer the opportunity to support one of Echoing Green’s most important strategic priorities, which is focused on intentionally connecting our global community of Alumni with each other and our broader ecosystem, including business leaders, board members, donors, partners, and broader communities with our work. This will inherently be an evolving role, and we are looking forward to finding someone who is excited to provide best-in-class Alumni support and programming.
Alumni Strategy + Engagement
- Execute on a robust Alumni Program Strategy that supports Echoing Green’s five year strategic plan
- Manage systems and processes that will directly support Alumni in building relationships with Echoing Green, each other, and the broader ecosystem, including existing and new systems
- Serve as key facilitator for Alumni needs—including, but not limited to, recommendation requests, award nominations, connections, fiscal sponsorship, and resource requests
- Manage data collection from Alumni Fellows’ quantitative and qualitative reporting
- In close partnership with the communications team, work to develop a strategy for Alumni virtual and in-person communications
- Coordinate the process of connecting Alumni with current Fellows
- Build strong relationships with Alumni to learn from, support, and engage them in our Alumni strategy
Cross-Team Program Participation
- Participate in application reading and applicant deliberation
- Participate in the planning and execution of the New Fellows Retreat and Echoing Green Summit
- Engage and work closely with other Programs Team verticals that support and promote Alumni Fellows
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission and for the work of social entrepreneurs
- Bachelor’s degree, plus a minimum of 5 years work experience with nonprofit or social enterprise sector experience or an equivalent graduate degree
- Experience in supporting global communities and Alumni Engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, enabling an ability to create trusted relationships with all Alumni
- Strong ability to work independently, but also desire for and experience with working in high-performing teams; ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues and trends in Alumni Engagement
- Ability to establish and build relationships across levels
- Ability to engage with Echoing Green’s Development team and an understanding of nonprofit fundraising
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong facility with MS Office required; SalesForce.com, preferred
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN
Echoing Green accelerates talent that is changing the world for the better.
Through its Fellowships for social entrepreneurs and other innovative leadership development programs, Echoing Green identifies transformational leaders at an early stage, invests deeply in the growth of their ideas and leadership, and builds a broad ecosystem that will support them long into the future.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for more than 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies and driving toward racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Among Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent are nearly 800 innovators who have launched organizations including Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
We offer a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and much more.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.