Part-Time Junior Accountant
About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent consists of more than 700 innovators who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
Echoing Green accelerates talent that will change the world for the better.
Echoing Green is currently looking for a Junior Accountant to join our team. This role will provide support to the Finance Department by managing daily accounting tasks. The ideal candidate must be comfortable working independently and collaboratively, and support our team to maintain order and transparency for the organization’s finances. This role is part-time with a maximum of 24 hours/week, and will report to the Senior Accountant.Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all accounts payable and receivable reports, ad-hoc spreadsheets, and files
- Accurately perform journal entries
- Assist in monthly General Ledger closings
- Prepare and reconcile direct mail and other revenue reports monthly
- Prepare investment and benefits schedules monthly
- Review all payment invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to data entry and processing
- Review online accounts for donations and other revenue for appropriate processing and data entry
- Print, obtain signatures, and distribute signed checks weekly
- Assist with preparation of documents for annual audit
- Process bank deposits daily
- Respond to all vendor and staff inquiries
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field and/or minimum 2 years experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles; knowledge of nonprofit financial processes preferred
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Ability to work autonomously with great accuracy and attention to detail, as well as being a great team-player to provide all-around support and back-up to Finance Department in a busy, non-profit setting
- Good data entry skills
- Good with number and figures and an analytical acumen
- Excellent customer service skills
- Expertise in MS Office required
- Proficiency with Fund-EZ a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.
This role is not benefit-eligible other than those mandated by NYS Employment Law.