Senior Associate, Knowledge Systems
ABOUT ECHOING GREEN
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionaries around the world who are transforming economies, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Echoing Green’s unparalleled community of talent consists of more than 700 innovators who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Public Allies, and more. The organization provides seed-funding and leadership development to a new class of Fellows every year and welcomes them into its lifelong community of leaders.
Echoing Green accelerates talent that will change the world for the better.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Echoing Green seeks a passionate and creative Salesforce administration professional to support and grow our usage of technology and systems to operate the organization, deliver its programs, and evaluate its impact. The Senior Associate, Knowledge Systems will oversee the administration and management of a suite of tools, centered around Salesforce, in-use by approximately 30 staff members and 80 partner users. This individual will work cross-functionally, assessing organizational needs and system capabilities to ensure that solutions are cohesive, integrated, and drive a high level of internal efficiency.
This is a fulltime position based in our New York City office. Our office operates Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m, with opportunity for flexible scheduling post-onboarding. Evening and weekend work are at times required as job duties demand.
- Daily administration and user support of Echoing Green’s Salesforce instance and related third-party applications
- Provide application users with technical support and track issues through resolution.
- Manage all aspects of Salesforce configuration and technical/functional capabilities including security
- Maintain updated system documentation and related policies/procedures
- Perform data imports and exports using the API or import tools as required.
- Participate in and advise strategic organizational discussions and problem solving regarding data, systems and information flow
- Project-manage all cloud-based systems development projects, including working with technology vendors and consultants
- Function as a technical expert in the in-house design, development and testing of system enhancements, integrations, dashboards, and reports.
- Maintain familiarity with other IT systems/business application capabilities to make recommendations about potential integration or functionality improvements
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and provide recommendations for utilization
- Manage and implement all customization and configuration requests
- Train new and existing users on how to use the application and any enhancements or changes.
- Champion and promote Salesforce within the organization, educating other team members on the capabilities and potential applications of our suite of tools.
- 2+ years of experience as a Salesforce administrator
- Direct experience supporting end-users
- Experience managing third-party Salesforce applications, integration tools, and vendors
- Demonstrated ability to provide instruction to audiences of varying technical backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
Please mention in your application if you have any of the following, all of which are desired but not required:
- Salesforce certifications
- Experience with Blackbaud Luminate, Cvent, or SurveyGizmo
- Experience managing system implementations
- Fluency in any of the following: Apex, Java, SQL, HTML, CSS
We offer a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 403(b) plan with a company match, and FSA options.
As an equal opportunity program, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.