Search and Selection Associate
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM: Echoing Green’s Fellowship Program will offer more than $3.8 million in seed-stage funding and support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change. From thousands of applicants, only about 1.5 percent are ultimately awarded a Fellowship.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Associate is responsible for managing every aspect of the annual selection process that aims to identify approximately 40 dynamic social entrepreneurs each year. Using a high level of emotional intelligence, s/he will strategize, build and manage relationships with a network of search partners. The Associate will design and execute a detailed work plan, improve upon systems, and manage cross departmental activities to ensure a successful search and selection process.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will be a highly organized problem-solver who is passionate about developing and managing complex systems to ensure seamless programming toward the satisfaction of all the program’s stakeholders. S/he will have outstanding project management skills and strong critical thinking abilities. S/he is relationship-focused as well as process-oriented with entrepreneurial flair, and is someone who enjoys and thrives working independently and as part of a team.
The Associate’s core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
External Relationship Management
- Identify and develop organizational partnerships with universities, professional service firms, and other nonprofits that will assist Echoing Green in the search process
- Correspond with volunteers, corporate partners, and other constituents in the Echoing Green community
- Represent Echoing Green at partner events with external stakeholders
- Lead the highly-detailed process of sourcing and gathering a diversified pool of applications
- Monitor the review and selection process using our online application system
- Manage the online database for accepting, reviewing, and moving applications through the search and selection process
- Coordinate all communications and outreach to applicants and external partners in an efficient and informative way
- Experience managing complex projects with high attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, with an ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Strong Excel skills and database management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4+ years related experience; operations, data, HR, special projects, programs, communications, and events experience welcome to apply
- Experienced networker and relationship management oriented
- Highly honed communication skills, both written and oral
- Superior process management skills: exceptional time management and follow-through; experience with deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and cross-departmentally
- Belief in Echoing Green's mission with a passion to social entrepreneurship and harnessing next generation talent
- Knowledge and experience in the social entrepreneurship space
Echoing Green is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Echoing Green has a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching
403(b) plan, paid time off, and other benefits.