Social Investment Council Manager
About the SOCIAL INVESTMENT COUNCIL: The Social Investment Council is a civic engagement program aimed at unleashing the talents of emerging leaders—primarily in the private sector—to drive social change. We believe that the role of emerging business leaders in the ecosystem of social change is unique and vitally important. In part, Echoing Green is a product of this belief as we were founded by a private equity firm twenty-six years ago.
The goal of the Social Investment Council is to help emerging business leaders realize their potential as change agents. For nine years, this program has provided first-hand exposure to social entrepreneurs, tools for leveraging their diversified talents for impact, and a community of like-minded individuals to support them in action. The members of the Council are selected by Echoing Green for their ability to be high impact skills-based volunteers for our Fellows and in positions of influence for the future. The Council’s membership body is made up of nearly 150 emerging professionals.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Social Investment Council Manager is responsible for directing and, in some cases, re-imagining aspects of this program. Using a high level of emotional intelligence, s/he will strategize, execute, and improve upon strategies to best unleash the talent of extraordinary business leaders as volunteers and champions for social change. The Manager will represent Echoing Green to the membership body and align the Council’s activities with Echoing Green’s strategic priorities.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate is a motivated and detail-oriented individual who is interested in human development and cross-sector collaboration, and seeks to gain exposure to the world of social entrepreneurship. S/he has experience with creating, deepening and growing high-impact programs. S/he has a professional background in employee engagement, human capital, talent management, skills-based volunteerism, pro-bono consulting, management consulting, or leadership development. S/he is relationship-focused as well as process-oriented with entrepreneurial flair, and is someone who enjoys and thrives working independently.
The Manager’s core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively to prototype a revised model for the Council based on an updated Theory of Change
- Implement revised model and design programs that foster meaningful cross-sector relationships between Echoing Green Fellows and Council members
- Develop methods to measure the impact the program is having on members over the short and long term
- Identify and recruit applicants; select and on-board new members; cultivate and promote member engagement strengthening their commitment to social change
- Build relationships with Council members, and leverage knowledge of the membership body to develop deep, substantive programs to engage them
- Organize skills-based volunteer engagements between Council members and Echoing Green Fellows
- Belief in Echoing Green's mission and in the power of the private sector as a force for social good
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years related experience
- Proven track record of success in developing and managing programs; with an ability to influence and motivate peers, leaders, board members, stakeholders and/or volunteers
- Highly honed people skills, empathy, and a deep interest in human development
- Superlative communication skills: excellent writing and editing skills; detail-oriented
- Superior process management skills: exceptional time management and follow-through; experience with deadline-driven projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office and the internet
- Knowledge and experience in the social entrepreneurship space or cross-sector partnerships
- Experience with leadership development in a corporate environment
Echoing Green has a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching
403(b) plan, paid time off, and other benefits.