Senior Associate, Foundation Relations
Echoing Green is in an exciting period of organizational advancement. Our new strategic growth plan calls for increased development goals and impact metrics across all departments. For instance, Echoing Green projects increasing its revenue by 30 percent over the next three years, this after more than doubling its revenue in three years. This role will be essential in realizing this growth. This is a fantastic position for a career-development person who is passionate about foundation fundraising, and interested in high-level experience with senior management, major foundation donors, and Echoing Green Fellows and Alumni. The ideal candidate, then, is entrepreunerial—prepared to build out a new line of business for Echoing Green, detailed oriented, able to juggle multiple priorities and stakeholders, and sensitive to the needs of foundation donors. This role will be supervised by the Director of Development and supported by a Development Coordinator.
Responsibilities of the Senior Associate, Foundation Relations include, but are not limited to:
Strategy and Systems :
- Work with the Vice President of Development and Director of Development to build a comprehensive foundation giving strategy.
- Manage proposals, reports, and communications to foundations to be the in-house “expert” on foundation grants and the related process.
- Coordinate with programs to find foundation sponsorship opportunities and foundation engagement opportunities.
- Serve as point person for all foundation gifts:
- Manage foundation donors and prospect list, ensuring Echoing Green is staying on time and target to reach year end goals.
- Manage foundation proposal process and strategy—draft proposals,aggregate proposal materials, and draft content and budgets.
- Manage reporting systems to update foundation donors on the impact of their gift, including tracking proposal deliverables.
- Leverage Vice President of Development, Director of Development, and other senior staff members to achieve fundraising results.
- Manage a portfolio of donors including, identifying potential; cultivating relationships; asking; and stewarding relationships.
- Contribute to the team’s overall fundraising efforts, including the annual gala.
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship and supporting next generation social innovators.
- Five years experience in fundraising or business development.
- Trackrecord in stakeholder management and engagement.
- Process and results orientation.
- Passion for, and demonstrated excellence in, organizing projects, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities,a nd meeting deadlines.
- Proclivity for taking initiative and working independently; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Clear and concise writer who is detail oriented.
- Experience in cross-departmental projects and ability to gain buy-in from senior leadership.
Echoing Green has a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and other benefits.