Director of Strategic Communications
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Echoing Green unleashes next generation talent to solve the world's biggest problems. Founded in 1987 by global growth equity firm General Atlantic, Echoing Green has invested over $33 million in seed funding in nearly 600 social entrepreneurs, the Echoing Green Fellows, and their innovative organizations across the globe.
Echoing Green is further driving social innovation through our Work on Purpose program by distilling the stories and lessons of its Fellows, research, and the field of social innovation to provide a generation of young people with the inspiration and framework needed to build meaningful, impact-driven careers.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are seeking a Director of Strategic Communications who is a creative communications professional and a savvy leader. S/he will help us develop and implement a best-in-class communications strategy that will fortify Echoing Green’s brand, streamline external messaging, that will inspire more loyalty with key stakeholders and generate new donors, and ultimately prepare our organization to develop a true consumer facing brand that will spark a movement of people committed to solving the world’s toughest social problems.
Create and execute a strategic communications and marketing plan for Echoing Green that will:
- Harmonize the messaging in a succinct way
- Conduct stakeholder analysis to determine our audiences
- Build a fully executed communications team
- Develop goals for marketing, PR, e-communications, events/conferences, and thought leadership
- Identify, assess, and execute partnership opportunities, utilizing the communications department, Executive team, and Board to create meaningful alliances with like-minded organizations and networks
- Partner with the development team on creating major donor communications, such as donor specific events, emails, reports, and solicitations
- Determine communications metrics and relentlessly evaluate progress against goals
Lead team and programmatic goals by supporting/assisting the communication components of all major projects that will:
- Ensure clear and consistent messaging, voice, and brand positioning throughout all organizational touch-points creating seamless brand experience for Fellows, partners, donors, and the public across all platforms
- Develop and update all major organizational materials, such as general language, templates, informational folders, annual reports, etc.
- Propel Echoing Green’s involvement/participation in events, conferences, and outreach by positioning Echoing Green’s leadership as experts in key forums
- Coach staff on communication projects; ensure all external communications meet standards and are on message
Leadership & Management
Serve on the organization’s executive team, bringing a media-savvy and brand-sensitive perspective to all major initiatives while simultaneously:
- Lead a team of two full-time staff and two part-time team members/consultants
- Help existing and new programs find their voice and tell their story to partners and the public through the best and most pertinent means possible
- Manage the communications team’s budget, prioritizing resources to maximize impact
- Select and manage vendors, balancing budgetary needs with efficiency and expertise
The ideal candidate will be a great thinker and an even greater doer, ultimate problem-solver and strategist. S/he will have 10+ years proven communications experience with an entrepreneurial flair. This candidate will be an extraordinary writer and oral communicator who is passionate and articulate about Echoing Green’s mission and the field of social entrepreneurship/ social innovation. S/he will be outcome oriented and have specific experience in:
- Building out the communications functions within an organization, including reporting lines, key workflow processes, and performance metrics, that generate organizational growth and impact firsthand
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating communications and marketing strategies/campaigns for major brands or organizations: created that certain something that made a product, organization, service or political campaign highly attractive to target populations
Echoing Green is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Echoing Green has a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching
403(b) plan, paid time off, and other benefits.