Director of Development
- New York City, New York, United States
- September 17, 2013
Echoing Green is in an exciting period of organizational advancement. Our new strategic growth plan calls for increased development goals and impact metrics across all departments. For instance, Echoing Green projects increasing its revenue by 30 percent over the next three years, this after more than doubling its revenue in three years. This new role will be essential in realizing this growth.
This is a fantastic position for a career-development person who is passionate about fundraising, and interested in providing direction to a seasoned development team. The Director of Development will work with the VP of Development, senior management, major institutional and individual donors, and Echoing Green Fellows and Alumni, all while managing the development staff towards Echoing Green's ambitious yearly goal. The ideal candidate, then, is a strategic manager, a knowledgeable fundraiser, thought partner, and creative problem solver, who can help to build a robust revenue program accordance with our broader social change agenda. This role will be supported by three portfolio associates and a program coordinator. Professionals from the for-profit sector are encouraged to apply.
Professionals from the for-profit sector are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of the Director of Development include, but are not limited to:
Strategy and Systems – Echoing Green has undergone significant growth over the last three years and plans on continuing that path for the next three years. As a result it has developed a growth strategy and requires someone to help implement the strategy and build development systems to accommodate the growth.
- Implement fundraising strategy for rapidly growing nonprofit
- Serve as a thought partner for Vice President of Development on new fundraising initiatives.
- Implement and ensure effective, useful & thoughtful building of systems, processes and measurements to monitor, project, and guide fundraising.
Management—In accordance with the strategic growth plan, Echoing Green’s Development team will increase in size and reorganize in function. The Director of Development will be instrumental in implementing and supporting the change.
- Supervise and develop a team of three portfolio associates and one development assistant.
- Help to build out development team by managing new hire process, onboarding, and talent development.
- Manage day-to-day fundraising operations.
- Leverage Vice President of Development and other senior staff members to achieve fundraising results
- Manage a discreet portfolio of donors including, identifying potential; cultivating relationships; asking; and stewarding relationships.
- Oversee annual gala and support portfolio associate to implement gala strategy.
- Passion for Echoing Green’s mission, with a commitment to social entrepreneurship and supporting next generation social innovators
- Five to seven years experience in fundraising including responsibility for achieving revenue targets
- Three to five years experience managing a team toward results, conducting effective meetings, and motivating not just direct not just direct reports but all related departments and partners
- Trackrecord in stakeholder management and engagement
- Process and results orientation
- Passion for, and proven excellence in, organizing projects, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities,and meeting deadlines
- Proclivity for taking initiative and working independently; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in cross-departmental projects and ability to gain buy-in from senior leadership
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s and at least 10 years experience, or a graduate degree and equivalent experience.
Echoing Green has a generous benefits package that includes major medical, dental, a matching 403(b) plan, paid time off, and other benefits.